Penn State Federal VISA® Debit and Credit Chip Cards
- Easy to use.
- Insert the chip portion of your card into the terminal with the chip facing up.
- Follow the prompts on the terminal's screen to complete purchase.
- Once approved, provide your signature, if requested.
- Be sure to remove your card when prompted.
- Accepted worldwide.
- Your new card can be used as a chip or magnetic stripe. Your new card supports both chip and stripe technology, so you can use it anywhere VISA® is accepted even if a merchant is not chip ready. If a merchant does not accept chip cards yet, you may continue to swipe your card to pay through the magnetic stripe.
- Chip terminals are standard at most merchants outside the United States and will become more prevalent in the United States in the near future.
- Do I still need a PIN?
- A PIN will be needed for debit purchases and transactions at an ATM. Please remember there are daily limits ($300) for these types of transactions.
- Internet purchases.
- Purchases made online or over the phone will remain the same. You will enter or provide your card information. This information will most likely include the cardholder's name, address, card number, card expiration date and the CVV* code on the back of your card.
- More Secure.
- Our new Penn State Federal chip cards contain an embedded microchip that provides another layer of protection against fraud. When you use your card at a chip terminal, the card transmits a unique code and encryption, making it harder for fraudsters to steal financial information.
- If you have any questions, please contact Penn State Federal at 814-865-7728 or 800-828-4636, Option 4, Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 4:00PM EST.
- Lost or Stolen cards.
- Please call 866-840-2662.
*CVV Code = 3-digit security code on the back of your card.
Note: Penn State Federal is closed for all Federal Holidays.